1. “Le Petit Prince”, by Antoine Saint-Exupery
2. “Le Petit Nicolas” by René Goscinny
3. “L’Étranger” by Albert Camus
4. “L’Élégance du hérisson” by Muriel Barbery
On the other hand, Paloma is a twelve-year-old rich kid living in a wealthy apartment at 7 Rue de Grenelle. Also a smart girl, in fact so intelligent that she decides to hide her intelligence to avoid rejection at school. Disliking the life of the privileges and the society she evolves in, she decided to commit suicide on the day she turns 13.
The twelve-year-old girl journals everything she sees outside her apartment and that includes Renee. It is Paloma who noticed that Renee has the same simple refinement that of a hedgehog. The two then became friends and what took place is for you to read.
5. “Le Mystere de la Chambre Jaune” by Gaston Leroux
6. “Les Yeux Jaunes des Crocodiles” by Katherine Pancol
7. “Le Tour du Monde en 80 Jours” by Jules Verne
8. “Le Comte de Monte-Cristo” by Alexandre Dumas
9. “Vendredi ou la vie Sauvage” by Michel Tournier
10. “Les Jeux Sont Faits” by Jean Paul Sartre
Ready to start reading some of these books? If you just started to learn French, I advise you to start by reading “Le Petit Nicolas”. It is a book for children that will allow you to learn Basic vocabulary and understand how the sentences are structured.
This list is only featuring 10 of the Best French books, I would love to hear your feedback after you read them. Feel free to share the title of your favorite book in the comments below.
In the meantime, don’t forget to check out other interesting Blog posts like: